Parents and Students FAQs
Click on an article below for quick solutions to the most frequently asked questions.
- ★ Can a parent or student enroll a student in a TXVSN catalog course?
- ★ What are the eligibility requirements to enroll full-time in a TXVSN Online School?
- ★ If my student meets the eligibility requirements to enroll in a full-time TXVSN Online School, what is the enrollment process?
- ★ Does a student have to be enrolled in a Texas public school in the preceding school year to be eligible to enroll in a TXVSN full-time online school?
- ★ What are the eligibility requirements to take a course through the TXVSN statewide course catalog?
- If a student doesn’t currently meet the eligibility requirements for enrollment in a TXVSN full-time online school because they were not enrolled in a Texas public school in the preceding* school year, can the student become eligible in the future?
- How long must a student be enrolled in a Texas public school in the preceding school year to be eligible to enroll in a TXVSN full-time online school?
- Where do I find a list of TEA approved Online Schools (OLS)?
- How do I determine the accreditation status of a school other than a Texas public school?
- My student would like to enroll in an online high school course offered through the TXVSN catalog. How do we accomplish that?
- When viewing the TXVSN Statewide Course Catalog, how do I view the enrollment dates and course instruction dates for a course?
- How do I find dual credit and Advanced Placement (AP) catalog courses?
- My student has enrolled in a TXVSN catalog course. What are the next steps?
- Is a student who is not enrolled in a Texas public school eligible to take TXVSN catalog courses?
- What is the Texas Virtual School Network (TXVSN)?
- Are the graduation requirements for a TXVSN full-time virtual school the same as for a traditional brick-and-mortar public school?
- Are the laws and rules about showing endorsements, distinguished level of achievement, and performance acknowledgments on a student’s transcript the same for a TXVSN full-time virtual school as for a traditional brick-and-mortar public school?